The close of the year always feels like a mad dash to the finish line, rushing to complete projects and prep for holiday cover as people take off for much-deserved breaks. Accordingly, we’d like to thank you all for your continued support, participation, input and suggestions over the last twelve months.
It was another year of challenge and uncertainty that tested our resilience and flexibility at work and in our personal lives. We really appreciate the time our members and volunteer leaders for market chapters, programmes and on the regional board have spent with APACD and for the stories, conversations and experiences shared that help us keep our community and industry vibrant and engaged.
Since the beginning of the year, we have done a lot together:
- launched two new local chapters; in India and the Gulf
- hosted ten events; webinars, in-person panels, APACD Summit/AGM, social events
- mentored four cohorts of the Sustainable Communications Programme in Hong Kong and Singapore
- partnered with/supported Asia-Pacific Communications Monitor, ReThink HK 2021, Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards, Reputation Today
- announced new initiatives including; Asia-Pacific Communications Index, Coffee Connection Buddy Programme, membership directory and campaigns
We couldn’t have done any of this without the support of our members across the region. So once again, a huge thank you! We look forward to growing and developing APACD together in 2022 and, as always, would love to hear from you if you have more great ideas for the group or would like to get involved.
Wishing you all a very merry holiday season! Stay well and stay safe and we look forward to seeing you again in the New Year.
President, APACD Board